How to Read the Birkenstock Footbed
1. WIDTH SYMBOL: there are two footbed widths - narrow and regular. Regular width symbol is an open foot and Narrow width symbol is a filled-in footprint as shown above.
2. BIRKENSTOCK SIZE: the big number is the Birkenstock size. The above footbed shows a "Size 38".
3. GENUINE LEATHER SYMBOL: indicates liner is made from genuine suede leather.
Birkenstock Classic Footbed Features and Benefits
1. TOE RIDGE: protects your toes from dings and debris and provides a cradle for your foot.
2. RAISED TOE BAR: designed to encourage the natural gripping motion of your feet that is good for your calf muscles and promotes good circulation.
3. METATARSAL ARCH: helps to evenly distribute weight and stabilize your forefoot.
4. DEEP HEEL CUP: a deep heel cup lends stability while allowing your heel's natural padding to rest directly under the heel bone for shock absorption.
In addition to the Classic Footbed, we also offer Soft Footbeds.
Soft Footbed Features and Benefits
1. CORK/LATEX BASE LAYER: cork/latex footbeds, found on all Birkenstock styles, mold to the contours of your foot for great arch support.
2. MEMORY FOAM: Birkenstock styles with Soft Footbeds feature an extra layer of cushioning foam, ensuring immediate comfort and full arch support.
3. TOE RIDGE: protects your toes from dings and debris and provides a cradle for your foot.
In addition to the Soft Footbed, we also offer Classic Footbeds.